Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Becoming a better developer

In a post by Justice Gray subsequently followed up by Scott Hanselman about becoming a better developer....I will post about this topic as a series....just so that I'm posting.

Without further a doo-doo...here it is.

Remove Distractions (Email, Facebook, Reading Blogs).


Sometimes when things are new they can be very exciting...and addicting. For example, Facebook, which I tried hard to stay away from initially
became something more and more difficult to ignore. As people joined I kept receiving invitations...soon I was adding friends and messaging people I knew from elementary school. I can't wait to see who else is on this thing (almost everyone is already). It has now become an addiction. I'm sure the same thing can be said of email or blogging. In some ways they are helpful to stay on top of new things and new sources of information...but in moderation. All these things boil down to distractions if they are used too much. Try to cut them out after a while if they hinder you in your work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home