Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Becoming a better developer (Part Deux)

Take time to learn about the business and your code base

A good way to learn about continuous changes in your code base is to pay attention during stand up. Everyone has something new that they have worked on and checked-in recently. Why not take some time out to aquaint yourself with changes people have made and then ask questions about things you don't understand. This way you are up-to-date on your code base and you will/may find it easier during refactorings.

It also forces you to understand how the business works and how it is changing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think one of your new goals should be "post once every two days"!!

I WENT THERE BABY

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 12:25:00 pm

 
Blogger Anand Narayan said...

I can't believe your using my baby's...baby!

I started that craze back in the 90's. I'm glad to see it is making a come back.

I'm still waiting for air quotes and the references to: "big guy!" to come back too....then all the pieces of my master plan will be in play...heh, heh, heh, heh. (sinister laugh)

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 1:14:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home